Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yep- It's true - I'm running a marathon!

The Ogden Marathon to be exact. When is it? May 15th - ya less than 2 months from now! Am I freaking out? Um.. not so much.. because I have been training since the beginning of this year with an awesome team. Some of us are running the Ogden marathon & some are running the Vancouver marathon. This team was formed through an organization called Team in Training. What is Team in Training? It is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) groundbreaking charity sports training program. All of us on the team are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and myeloma from taking more lives. I am running this marathon in honor of all those who have battled or are battling blood cancers.

I have committed to raising $1700 to support this cause & I have barely passed the halfway mark. With less than one month left to collect money, I need your help! Your donation will help the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission of finding cures & saving lives. What's more, it's fully tax deductible.

I am so grateful for all the support that I have received so far in my training and in raising money for this great cause & I appreciate every little penny you can give, because it makes a difference!

Donate securely by clicking on the link below to my fundraising page:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ut/ogden10/rgapinski

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
[♥Rach]

P.S. Enjoy a few pics from some of my "long runs" with my team

St. Patty's Run - 18 miles

A great friend and I after our first 8 mile run back in January
My first 10 mile run back in February
An awesome girl I met through this team and I posing next to a lifesize cardboard cutout of our coach Dave! We thought it was pretty funny :)

7 comments:

Blee said...

You're amazing! That's on my list of things to do before I die! Good luck!

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...

Rach, YAY congrats!!! This is so exciting I LOVE TEAM IN TRAINING!! But I love you more!!! Call me when you get a free sec, I miss you

Meghann said...

It is pretty funny :) although my favorite is the St. Patrick day picture. We're looking forward to watching you cross the finish line!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good for you! Now we can run together, now that we live so close. Thanks for coming to the movies sat., we'll have to do dinner next time and catch up before hand :)

Angie said...

Rach You are my hero!! I'm in desperate need of sheddin some weight please give my any helpful hints!! You are always so motivated!! I wish I could stay that way!! Good luck with the marathon!! I'll be rooting for you in AZ :)

Laura said...

You are amazing! I look up to you so much for doing something like this! Good luck in the big rach!

Morgs said...

Good luck Rach! You'll do great. I wish I could come watch you, let me know how it goes!

Authors