Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vegas Weekend

I found myself shooting another wedding in Vegas this year almost exactly a year to the date of last years Vegas wedding! Lucky for me, Tyler was able to take the time off work again to join me, so we made a little weekend getaway out of the trip.

I just so happened to have a wedding at the Oquirrh Mountain temple the day before so Tyler & his brother Kalen made the drive down to Vegas on Friday & picked me up at the airport that night after I finished the reception.

On Saturday we spent the majority of the day photographing the wedding. In between the temple & reception we found a place to have lunch that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. It was called Four Kegs & it was pretty Dive-ish! It was delicious to say the least but I would have never picked it from the look of it that's for sure!

Immediately after the reception we raced to The Venetian Hotel to see Phantom of the Opera! We made it with only a few minutes to spare & we even ran into Tyler's friend, Austin! Small world.
This show was INCREDIBLE!!
We had trouble debating on whether to get floor or balcony seats & I am so glad we decided on the balcony because it was the best view for this show! There were so many special effects & the parts with the chandelier were in perfect view. Christine Daea & the Phantom were UNBELIEVABLY talented! I was in awe the entire show & I will admit I got pretty emotional at some parts! I just love the music for this show & to hear it live & so amazingly performed was surreal! Needless to say, I am SO glad we chose to go to this show!


The next day we decided to stick around for a few more hours and do some exploring. We of course had to visit M&M World and I even allowed myself to buy a bag full of them :)


And we stopped inside the Sugar Factory. I had never seen it before so maybe it is new? I'm not sure but the huge hype apparently with this store is the bedazzled lollipops you can buy that Kim Kardashian promotes - haha!

{you can see a girl on the right posing for a pic with her bedazzled lollipop, lol}

We had lunch at America in the NYNY hotel & then we headed to St.George to visit my grandparents and stay the night. I was so excited to see them even though it had only been 3 weeks since my last visit :)

It was such a fun weekend, even though there was some working involved. I'm so blessed that I have opportunities like this with my job!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

Sounds like a fun trip and I'm very jealous you saw phantom there!

Megan said...

You made the most out of your trip! What a fun time! I love the picture of you guys together in front of the phantom sign! cute!

Authors