Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day weekend was great! Saturday we had our whole family together, it was a special treat to have Porter over for the first time! We all got to see Porter roll over from his tummy to his back! He is not even a month old yet!

Here is a picture of him and his cute mommy while we were all hanging out.

Emerie watching Porter, they are the first 2 grandbabies!My mom made homemade pizza for us to enjoy & it was just so great to see everybody and be together.

Sunday, we decided to go on a picnic to celebrate Father's day. We were wanting to go up in the mountains but it started to be really rainy and windy unfortunately so we just went to Nichols park near our house. It was still really fun & we enjoyed the intense hail storm as we were driving! It is always great to be with family, and I am very grateful that I have family so close.

I am also so grateful for my daddy. It was especially bittersweet this year to be grateful to have my dad here with us because of the scare he gave us all a month or so ago. We love him so much & we are so thankful for all he has taught us and will continue to teach us!

4 comments:

Ann said...

This post warmed by heart. I feel like you do...there is nothing I love more than just hanging out with family. Especially grand kids. I have always thought that you were blessed with a terrific Dad (and Mom)
Thanks for sharing.

Meghann said...

oh, I look like a dork on the floor. It was nice to be together. I'm glad you guys got to have a picnic despite the weather.

Megs said...

Love these pictures! Look at how cute Emerie is just sitting there watching Porter! They grow up too fast. We just love Dad, he means so much to us. We look forward to our Saturday visits with you guys - like you said, it's so nice to be so close so that we can just visit like that.

Laura said...

That sounds like you guys had a great father's day! I wish I had my family close, so that we could get together! I am so glad that it was a good father's day this year for the family!

Authors