Monday, July 11, 2011

Independence Day

We had such a fun filled 4th of July this year. It was busy all day long & so much fun being with family & celebrating our country's birthday & our freedom.

We started the day off at the Kaysville Parade.



{Aaron & Meghann}

{Porter loved the parade}

{Porter & Grandpa}

{Ty getting his Porter time :) }

{Karli, Me & Dev}

{Tyler & I}

{Grandma & Priya}

{Micah & Devanee}

{Most of us at the parade}

We all went to my parent's house to spend the rest of the day. Meghann & Aaron had fun with Porter cutting out shapes in watermelon. He loved it!

My Dad filled up a little pool for Porter to have fun playing in with his daddy.



And Micah & Tyler even got in to cool off.

We had so much fun just spending time together!

Tyler & I cooked a couple things dutch oven style. I did most the prep & Tyler did the actual cooking. They turned out so delicious!

While the food was cooking, Porter was wandering around & started heading straight for the dutch ovens - so Tyler ran over to keep him away & in the meantime stepped on a hot coal with his bare foot! OUCH!

Dutch Oven food #1
Cheesy Potatoes
*FYI there are no calories on the 4th of July ;)

We had our traditional homemade vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Along with Dutch Oven food #2
Peach Blueberry Cobbler

We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs & tilapia on the grill. As well as grilled pineapple. And of course yummy watermelon. It was sooo good & even better sharing it with family!


After dinner, we decided to play wiffle ball baseball. With the rule that you could throw the ball at the runner to get them out as well as touch the base.

Not sure if that rule was the best idea because Tyler gave Chase this welt..

And I gave Micah this welt...

When it got dark we sat on the back deck & watched fireworks happening all around us. We could see the fireworks at Davis High, as well as about 5 other areas!
We then set off a bunch of our own fireworks & then started playing around with sparklers...
I got my camera out and decided to make pictures of people drawing things with the sparklers.
It was lots of fun, check out what we got:
{Tyler attempted to write his name. Keep in mind you have to do it backwards}

{I believe this was Micah doing a star}

{This is me writing "Love"}

{Devanee - Peace Sign}

{Karli - Flower}

{Jake & Dev - stick people holding hands}

{My Dad's cool shape}

{Micah's fiery circle}

I always love Independence Day because of how much fun we always have with family & spending quality time together.
I am grateful that we live in this country & have the freedoms we enjoy.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

9 comments:

Megan said...

Love the sparklers shots. Looks like we missed some fun times!

Shane and Kenzie said...

Nothing beats the Kaysville Parade! Rach I am so super duper impressed with your knowledge of Dutch Oven cooking! I don't know one thing about it except that I would love to learn. Both dishes looked incredible! I also got quite a kick out of seeing the three "men" lounging in the itty pool together ;)
LOVE your photos of the sparklers... You have got some SERIOUS talent! I think I should have you take some pictures of Shane and me :)

Randy Gelter said...

That was fun re-living the 4th holiday. Thanks for all of the good photos !!

Shanna said...

what a fun sparkler trick! that is so neat!!

Bain Becomes a Master said...

Those pictures are so cool! How did you do that?

Rachael said...

Cortnie, I just did 8 second long exposures!

Morgs said...

Looks so like so much fun. Porter is so cute!

Meghann said...

It was a great day! I love the sparkler photos your love and the stick people are my favs!

Aaron Gelter said...

Such a fun day! Thanks for the great pics and for the yummy dutch oven food. I feel so bad about Tyler's foot, did it heal okay? I also love the sparkler designs!

Authors