Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ragnar 2011

A few weeks ago we ran the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. I originally was not going to be running, but 3 days before the race Tyler's brother Kalen crashed his motorcycle & split open his knee. So needless to say, I ran without training!

The Wasatch Back Ragnar this year was 191.7 miles & we ran it with a total of 12 people - with 6 of them being my siblings. I was so proud of my younger siblings for committing to running & not giving up. I know when I was there age, I dreaded running..

We got an insanely late start time of 2:30pm which was pretty much when all the cross country teams were starting - come to find out most teams lie about their 10k times to get an earlier start time. I guess we will know better for next year.

Because I hadn't trained for this race, I ended up getting what is assumed a stress fracture on my left foot so I was unable to run my last leg. Three people from Van 1, including my brother Aaron stepped up & split up my final leg.

It was definitely exhausting, and the no sleeping was really hard. We couldn't find a 15 passenger van to rent like Van 1 did so we had to settle with the cramped Tahoe.. it was pretty miserable to try & sleep in to say the least :)
We will know to book one way in advance for next year!

{Karli & Devanee}

{Tyler finishing his 2nd leg}

{Micah during his 3rd leg}

{1/2 of van 2 - looking ready to be done!}

{Cameron getting ready for his last run}

{Cameron & Tyler tackled this}

{Tyler feeling pretty good as he starts the infamous "Ragnar Hill"}


{They had to snow plow the road just for the race - Look at those walls of snow!}

{The whole team running through the finish line - notice Porter on Aaron's shoulders - he was screaming as his dad was running with him - he was so excited!}


{The team shirt "We've Got Sole" was our team name & my photography business sponsored}

{The whole team}


{Van 1}

{Van 2 minus Cameron - Karli wasn't feeling well after the race so we weren't able to take a van pic until the next day}

{my siblings who ran - Tyler, Me, Micah, Aaron, Karli & Devanee}

A few videos I took during the race:




4 comments:

Shanna said...

you guys are a fun family! of course you could run like a crazy woman with no training...your rachael!!!

Meghann said...

I'm so proud of you guys! It's a great feat! Where's the video of Karli napping?

Rachael said...

it's on there now :) thanks for reminding me!

Karlianne said...

that is so rude.
i am not talking to you anymore.
your just jealous of my awesome sleeping skills....

Authors