Wednesday, February 22, 2012

22 weeks - IT'S A.........

GIRL!!!

We had our big targeted ultrasound yesterday. It's a good thing to because I was going crazy wondering whether this tiny thing inside of me was a boy or a girl!

Thank goodness she wasn't hiding this time, and there was no hesitation whatsoever that she is 100% all GIRL. It was a complete shock to say that least. I was definitely expecting to hear "boy". This is what was originally told to us back at the beginning of January - but of course it wasn't for sure. We assumed it would stay a boy and spent the next month calling it "he".. poor little girl, hope she forgives us for that one!
Tyler, along with everyone else in our family, was convinced it was a boy so the news yesterday shocked more than just us. At first, I wanted to cry because I knew Tyler was looking forward to having a little "mini me". BUT he kept reassuring me that he was a whole new kind of excited & that he was so happy that he is going to have a baby girl & have a special daddy/daughter relationship with her. He will be such an amazing daddy!

We were able to get a few 3D images during the ultrasound, including this one:
Her lips look HUGE! Which I guess shouldn't surprise me since her Daddy has voluptuous big lips! :)

...And here's my first belly photo I've posted on here @ 21 weeks along on Valentines Day
I feel like I am huge, but I still have 4 months to go!

Yesterday, after we found out we were having a girl, I got home & asked our doggies what they thought & took the video below:



We are beyond excited to have a baby girl, and my poor nephew Porter is now outnumbered 4 to 1 on the Gelter side. As for the Gapinski's it's grandbaby #1 but we know Grandma Amy is over the moon excited to finally have a baby girl in the family since she had all boys! :)

And yay! I can finally continue working on the nursery! Paint pics will be posted very soon.

7 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

She can be best friends with Reese! You are darling pregnant by the way

The Family Stone said...

We thought Scarlett was a boy too. On the Christmas home video, we were calling her a "he" but I figure she'll forgive us one day! I didn't want a girl and was totally shocked, like you, when we found out it was a girl. But I cannot imagine my life without her and girls are WAY more fun to dress :) Congrats!!!!

Kaley and Jeremy said...

I totally guessed right--congrats to you both!!! Can't wait to hear name ideas!

Meghann said...

So happy for you!

Unknown said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations, I'm sure she will be beautiful!

*megan said...

Oh how great! Wish we knew the secret to getting a girl. Number 4 boy for us due May 8th. Congratulations to you both!

Brooke and Jonny said...

Cute cute cute, congrats!

Authors