Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentines

I wanted to make something for Valentines this year. I saw an idea for conversation heart sugar cookies & thought it looked like fun!
I invited my little sisters to join me & we spent a good 3-4 hours working away on them.



We gave most of them away as valentines but did get to taste test a few as well, they were yummy - I must say I am a fan of the royal icing!

I told Tyler that I didn't want us to spend a lot of money this year for Valentines. I don't think you have to spend money to show you love someone. So we got each other simple gifts.

{My beautiful flowers}

{and delicious Red Velvet cupcakes from Sweet Cake}

{And of course, like every year, a single rose from my dad}

As a family we went to dinner, but last minute Tyler couldn't come because he had to close his store. The girl who was scheduled to close was in the hospital in labor, I figured that was a good enough excuse, but I still missed having him there!

I don't need Valentines Day to remind myself how much I love my husband, family & friends. But it's always nice to see everyone spreading the love!

1 comment:

Meghann said...

Spreading the love?..."Do NOT eat or you will die!!!" ;) I'm glad you had a good day. I agree no need for a holiday to express love to those who are special in our life.

Authors