Thursday, March 1, 2012

St.George Birthday Weekend!

President's day weekend we were able to make a trip down to St.George! It just so happened to be my birthday weekend as well! It was an awesome birthday & I was able to spend it with family which is just the way I like it.

{Tyler & Toby hanging out at Grandma's)

{Little Miss Priya- love this little girl!}

{We went on Grandpa's morning walk with him - Porter enjoying his Great-Grandpa & his Daddy's company}

{We decided to check out the Red Cliffs Trail. Dev, Porter & I walked & Meghann, Tyler & Aaron all ran different distances. We got back to the cars before Aaron did - since he ran 9 miles - so we enjoyed hanging out chatting}

{Toby basking in the rays of the sun and licking his lips after I gave him a sunchip :) }

{Later on, my Mom took me shopping at Motherhood Maternity to find some clothes for my birthday, thanks mom! Then we headed to Texas Roadhouse for my b-day dinner where we met up with a bunch of relatives from my Mom's side & celebrated all the February bdays! (5!) When we got back to my grandparent's we ate a delicious birthday cake from Coldstone!}

On Sunday, we were able to attend the baby blessing of my cousin Lisa's baby, Carter. Afterward, I convinced my Mom that we should drive out to Virgin to see Grandma & Grandpa's old farm. So Mom, Grandpa, Tyler, Dev & I got in the car & drove up to see it. It was Tyler's first time seeing it & I wanted him to since it was a place I remember so well from my childhood. My Mom used to run a business making crafts out of the garage & so I practically lived at this farm for many years. It was special to see my Grandpa's face as he spoke so proudly of the things he worked on and did on his farm. We pulled up & the first thing he said was "I painted all that fencing, it would take me months!" He insisted on walking up to the front door to see if we could walk through it but it is a home for troubled girls now so that wasn't such a good idea. It was neat seeing these vivid memories come up for my Grandpa, especially since his recent diagnosis with Alzheimer's stage 5.
We finished the trip off nicely by stopping on our way home in American Fork for lunch with my brother Tim's family & Karli for my birthday (since they weren't in St.George). We ate at Buffalo Wild Wings which reminded me so much of being in Texas last year since that was the first and only other time I had eaten there!

The best part of the weekend was being able to spend every second with Tyler - that was my favorite bday present! We don't get to do that too often with him in full time school & full time work! It was also amazing to be in the warmer weather, soaking up the rays of sunshine & of course seeing my Grandparent's! I can't wait to get back there, hopefully sooner rather than later!

2 comments:

Nick and Brandi said...

Sounds like a fun trip and Birthday!

Kaley and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great one. :)

Authors