Saturday, March 17, 2012

Preparing for the babes!

Last week we got Baby Gap's crib delivered & couldn't wait to put it together! We were hoping it wouldn't be too difficult, and luckily we were right. It took us about 2.5 hrs total, but ain't it a beauty?!
We found the model at Babies R Us but they didn't carry it in white. SO we found it online & *bonus* it was cheaper! Love that.
We got the mattress delivered yesterday, so now all we need is the bedding. I'm pretty sure about the one I want, it's just the committing & actually buying it part I haven't done yet :)
We should be getting her dresser delivered next week, as well as the glider chair & ottoman.
Little by little, piece by piece, this room is turning into our Baby Girl's NURSERY!



I never did a separate post about painting the walls & that's mainly because all my photos of it were on my phone which a few weeks ago got wiped clean :( I was dumb I hadn't set up iCloud yet so I lost all of my photos, etc.
My Dad helped me with the painting, he is amazing!
I painted two coats of white prior to, and then pretty much in one day we nailed out the gray stripes. We used Frogtape (love this stuff) & measured and taped off every bit of the walls. Honestly, it was the taping part that took the longest. But it was OH SO WORTH IT. I am in love with how it turned out & luckily Tyler loves it too. And even better for him, he didn't have to do ANY of it - haha.

We also went & registered at Babies R Us. We were so surprised at how much stuff you really need for a baby. We didn't scan half the stuff we could've, just the essentials, and it was still a TON of stuff! We had a fun day completely centered around our little one, it was exciting to think about her being here to use all of the stuff we were registering for. I am getting SO impatient already & I still have a possible 14 weeks of waiting! I just keep telling myself that it will be here before I know it, which I'm sure when she's here that's what it will seem like!

...And last but not least... I was able to snag this gorgeous diaper bag from the Petunia Pickle Bottom Outlet sale that they do I think twice a year. I was so scared that I'd get it & it wouldn't be as cute as I imagined, but I LOVE it & I am so happy I went with this one. I had been looking all over for one but just couldn't commit. I knew I wanted a Boxy Backpack because I think the changing pad feature on this bag is PERFECT. So yay! I got it for $70 off the original price! :) It was worth it even though I sat on my laptop for 2.5 hrs constantly refreshing the webpage because it kept crashing due to high volumes of traffic! Tyler can vouch for me - I was getting beyond frustrated! haha - those darn pregnancy hormones!

7 comments:

Kaley and Jeremy said...

I love the stripes on the walls! It looks so great. I can't believe you only have 14 weeks left. So exciting! :)

Shane and Kenzie said...

I love the crib...the changing table/dresser add on is VERY convenient and nice! Also, very impressed with your walls. I don't like "loud" colors, so I love that you have done the walls gray and white, then accenting with bedding colors etc. Very smart!
So excited for you!

Unknown said...

LOVE the gray stripes in the nursery! Looks so cute!

Ninjas said...

Everything is looking so awesome! I am so excited for you guys!

Christee and Austin said...

It looks so cute! I love your style! So excited for you guys! And YAY on the diaper bag sale!!

Meghann said...

When you're finished I want to see and comparison between what everything would cost you full price vs. What you actually paid. It's looking great!

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...

LOVE IT, you will LOVE your diaper bag so super CUTE!!! Miss you guys XOXO

Authors