Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Still Preggers!

Well here I am again, posting on this blog very much still pregnant!

{Last week I snapped this pic at the doctor's office hoping it would be my last time holding this pager for a while...I was wrong}
Tyler & I went to an appointment this morning & found out that while I am still only 1 cm, I am 70-80% effaced & our baby girl has dropped, which is very optimistic!
But it wasn't all roses and cherries this morning - we also found out that my Doc is going home to Hawaii for 2 weeks with his family & he leaves in two days & won't be back until July 9th! Which means.... unless I have this girl tomorrow, he won't be delivering my baby! {insert pouty face here} I am bummed to say the very least - I absolutely love my doctor & want him to be the one who delivers our first baby. He made sure to give me a hug before he left the room & told me to call him regardless when I am having her.
He was kind enough to strip my membranes this morning, which sometimes works to put women into labor, but sometimes doesn't. We will see! I have an appointment scheduled for the morning of my due date next week with the on-call doctor. If I make it to then, we will schedule an induction date which I am hoping will be at the end of next week!
I'd love more than anything to go into labor naturally (cross your fingers for me) but if I have to be induced to not go into July, I am willing to!
{I've been having fun trying anything & everything to get this labor started. So far I've eaten practically a whole pineapple, eaten spicy yellow curry & spicy chicken wings, gone curb walking, among other things I won't name here - but the most relaxing of them all was when my sister did acupressure & massage on my feet, hands, back & belly. Oh how glorious it was! I'd pay good money to have that done on a regular basis - I am so lucky to have such an amazing masseuse so readily accessible :) She's a saint for so willingly touching my big swollen pregnant feet}

{We have found a new favorite place to take our doggies & feed the ducks. Toby just cries & whines at them - I am not sure if it's because he wants to eat them or just play with them - lol. Our last trip there Toby actually started getting into the pond to try and get the ducks - I never thought I would willingly see him swim in water!





{Tyler & I went and saw "What to Expect When Expecting" it was hilarious & it's purchase worthy for sure!}

{and of course we had such a great day celebrating our father's on Father's Day. I was hoping I'd have our baby on this day (how cool would that have been?) - but I am happy I was able to celebrate & visit the Father's in my life.}

Even though this has been a great month, I have been so impatient so it has seemed to drag forever! Lucky for me, I've had the opportunity to work a few days a week with my Dad at his office. This has helped me not go crazy! It's been kind of interesting going back to an office job since I haven't had one for 3.5 years. But it's been a little refreshing & I enjoy spending extra time with my Dad.

Everyone cross your fingers and send labor vibes my way! Let's get this baby here already!!! :)

4 comments:

Meghann said...

Good luck! Can Not wait to meet her!!!

Jordan and Rachel said...

I am so excited for you guys! You will be the best mommy ever.

Randy Gelter said...

I hope Whitley comes to see us soon, but I will miss you in the office when she does. Thanks for a great Father's Day!

LOVE YOU !!

karlianne said...

Tomorrow afternoon. I can feel it. :) sending positive energy your way!

Authors