Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am blessed


So I work out every day at the Sportsplex in Kaysville. I went there this morning like any other time & jumped on the treadmill to run. If you have been to this gym, you know what it looks like & that the treadmills (and other cardio machines) are on the second level & overlooks the bottom level. Well I was just doing my usual run on the treadmill overlooking the people down on the lower level (I am an avid people watcher :]) when I noticed the front desk person walking over to a man who was on a treadmill. He proceeded to help the man off & then the man picked up a bag & a walking stick. He then helped the man get onto another machine & I suddenly felt a tear fall down my cheek. I couldn't believe that this man, who couldn't see was here of all places. It was bittersweet to know that this man was not there to improve the look of his body, I'm sure he could care less about his appearance. In a world that focuses on people's looks, this man was there to improve his health, prolong his life... his life of no color, of no faces, of blindness. He loves his life even though he can't see. It was truely humbling to witness, & I know God shows us these things so that we can put our lives in perspective & realize that no matter how many trials and burdens we have, there is always someone who is suffering more than us.
I just want to publicly say that I am incredibly blessed. Tyler & I are comfortable in our lives right now, & don't have to stress over hardly anything right now. I know with time, things will change & things will happen. But no matter what I hope I can always be grateful & know how truely blessed we are.
I am so grateful for this experience I had today, it made my day extra special.

5 comments:

Meghann said...

tears, seriously. Thanks for sharing, it's a wonderful thing when God opens our eyes. Moments like this always remind me just how much Heavenly Father loves us and understands us. Thanks for the reminder.

Bain Becomes a Master said...

you should take our pictures then!

Carrera said...

he, that was totally random, but I am glad you said something. I do remember you and laura and all of the good times. was it you house we went swimming at that one time?? i dont remember really. that is cool that you are in their ward. I love those ladies. When did you move into the ward?

Shane and Kenzie said...

I'm going to miss you too Rach! It was very hard for Shane and I to move out of the ward...but I trust you'll take good care of those young women! ;) Keep in touch okay?

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Well said!!!! I live for moments like that...the ones that make you stop and think and realize how blessed you truely are!! You guys make such a cute couple by the way!

Authors