Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rascal Flatts 2009!

Rascal Flatts was back in town this past week, and it was my 4th & Tyler's 3rd time seeing them in concert! I'll admit (for Tyler's sake) that I am the one who gets the tickets every year & somehow forces Tyler to go with me :] I know he enjoys going, but he's probably getting sick of going to see the same group in concert every year.. maybe soon we'll go to someone else but for now I'm totally satisfied with my buddies, Rascal Flatts!

*Sorry beforehand, these pictures suck because we had to take them with Tyler's phone. My iPhone died right before the concert, & we forgot to bring a camera...

This year, Jessica Simpson opened for them. I'll admit I wasn't too excited about seeing her & did not expect much more than a dumb blonde.. boy was I wrong! She was seriously awesome! I found out a few things about her that I didn't know before she told us..

1. She isn't a real blonde

2. She is really into religion (she was continuously talking about God, Prayer & Love throughout her whole time on stage)

3. She can sport the most outrageous shoes on the planet & manage not to fall on her face (look at pictures to see what I mean!)

4. The rumors were NOT true.. she is NOT fat! In fact she looked down right unbelievable! & she has P E R F E C T legs! (totally jealous...)

5. Despite forgetting words to her own song, she still managed to not look stupid & totally laughed at herself & admitted to forgetting words to at least one song (that she wrote remember) at every concert!

6. She is a HUGE Dolly Parton fan & Dolly asked her to sing one of her songs on her album.

After seeing her perform, I am planning on getting her new CD.. she wrote most of the songs & they were all good!
The boys were just as good this year as they have been in the past & are so entertaining on stage!
We got 4th row tickets on the floor this year & half way through the show we made our way to standing right against the stage, which was totally great! :]
Something that I found really cool was that (besides Rascal Flatts themselves) all the rest of the band were people from Salt Lake City! Apparently they have auditions in every city or something so that people get the chance to perform with them! How awesome is that?!

It was such a fun night & I'm so glad I got to spend it again with Tyler! He's a good sport for putting up with my craziness...



8 comments:

Meghann said...

Wow, talk about good seats! It looks like your guys had a great time...no surprise there. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome for you & I am sure Jessica would appreciate the kind remarks. She's a great gal that the media likes to rip on.

Am I understnading this right Dolly now has asked Jessica to be on her album? We know Dolly was on Jessica's.

Chris and Brooklyn said...

wow, killer shoes, and legs. you're right she isn't fat. People are so rude. Glad you had fun yet another time!!!!

PapaRandy said...

I love Rascal Flatts, so if you need a buddy for the next concert let me know.

Anonymous said...

How fun! And those were awesome seats!

Brock and Whitnie said...

Hey Rach, It's good to hear from you! It looks like Rascal Flatts was a blast. Congrats on the Marriage, you and Tyler are a cute couple!

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! Rascal Flatts.... my favorite band on the planet!!!

Meghann said...

Impressed with the new banner. I need more skills like that. Looks great!

Authors