Monday, March 23, 2009

The road of life is a dangerous place!

It is time for another little "Tyler Rant and Rave session." I just felt that I should just throw out a little reminder to friends, family, and anyone who reads this, to be safe out there on the highways of life! This is being brought on by two near wreck experiences in the past two days while driving along I-15. Neither of which were caused by me in any way, shape or form. On Sunday, Rachael and I were driving home from her Great Grandma Hazel's birthday party with her mom and dad. As I was driving I noticed a Silver truck coming up behind me who had been swerving in and out of his lane. It was pretty apparent to me that this guy was either a few deep, or falling asleep at the wheel. I decided that I would slow down to make sure that he was no where around me. As he flew past I saw a cowboy with a red atv in the back of his truck and made the decision that he was most likely drunk . :) As he drove by I told Randy that I didn't want to be anywhere near this crazy person because he was going to hurt someone. As he continued to swerve in an out of his lane, crossing traffic, we decided that we better report this guy before he hurt someone. Sure enough while Rach's dad was on the phone with 911, this drunk cowboy swerved across three lanes of traffic, then tried to correct his mistake by jerking on his wheel. This sent him spinning and all hell broke loose! Cars were swerving everywhere to avoid him! I slammed the breaks and watched as his truck finally came to a stop about five feet from our car. He then sped off and wasn't even concerned to see if he hurt anyone.
The second experience is less intense, but equally annoying! Today as I was driving to work I almost got run off the road by a mom in a mini van who decided that it was her time to change lanes, and it didn't matter that I was there. Obviously she couldn't have been distracted by the phone call that she was in the middle of. I blared on my horn and she swerved out of my lane after I had been forced on to the rumble strips. She then proceded to get behind me and flash her headlights at me. SERIOUSLY?!?!? Are you freaking kidding me? So I have prepared a statement to all people who shouldn't be on the road!

Dear bad drivers,
I would like to go on record saying that, "I don't appreciate my life, and the lives of my family and friends, being put in jeopardy everytime you decide to get behind the wheel of your car. I would really appreciate it if you took some time to actually focus in on the task at hand, DRIVING! Next time you are thinking about commandering a piece of equipment that weighs several thousand pounds I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to ask yourself if you capable of doing so. I don't want to see you on the road if you have been drinking all day with your friends, if you are on a phone call that you think is more important than everyone's live around you (it's not), if you forgot to shave, or anything else that would impare your judgment and focus."

If you aren't a bad driver then you probably agree with me in most, if not all, of what I have said. If you are a bad driver you are probably either offended or thinking you should change. I would ask that either way, Please change!

Now that I have spoken my piece I feel a little bit better. Ha ha So we will see you when the next Rant and Rave session comes around!

5 comments:

Megs said...

Here, here! Tim and I constantly have mini rant and rave sessions about bad drivers. The area in which we live is full of them!!! I'm sorry those experiences happened - I wish people were more careful.

Anonymous said...

Yeah people are really dumb when it comes to driving. Do they honestly think they are indestructable???

Shane and Kenzie said...

You two really get your share of crazy driving experiences! I love what you had to say to bad drivers...I once was one who was always texting or talking on my phone while driving but Shane and I made a goal a few months ago to really focus on the road to not only keep us safe, but anyone else driving. I'm so glad that you're getting the word out to BE SAFE ON THE ROAD!

Anonymous said...

I COMPLETELY agree!!! My husband is the most calm tempered man, and the only time he gets upset is when he's driving and he's surrounded by IDIOTS!!! I hate driving because of all the self-centered distracted or drunk drivers!

Ann said...

I'm in Utah and headed to Idaho via the I-15 this very day. Perhaps I should rethink my plan.

Authors