Saturday, January 2, 2010

...Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!...

The holidays have been plenty busy but so so fun! 2009 I did a horrible job of documenting & photographing our lives so one of my resolutions for 2010 is to do better at it & take photographs at the majority of events this year! I know I will be very grateful later on if I do this.
Well due to me being a slacker, I don't have any photos of Thanksgiving. We had a big dinner at my parents house & everyone was there. Two weeks before Thanksgiving I started a very strict diet through one of my doctors to help prepare me for my training. With this diet I went through a detox off sugar & was only allowed certain meats and certain vegetables. So NO bread, NO dairy, NO carbs, NO fruit, NO SUGAR. Yes I know what you're thinking.. "RACH you are crazy!" and I may or may not agree with you :) It is an incredibly hard diet I will not lie, but it is truly amazing what a difference it has made. Within a month I had lost 15 lbs & my body fat percent is at 21%. Well for Thanksgiving I decided to cheat and eat those foods I wasn't allowed & it was soo good BUT I did regret it right after because I had the worst stomach ache for hours afterward. My body was not happy with me!
Besides that, we had such a great day with our family enjoying everyone's company. We even went to see New Moon later that day.
December 5th - The Young Women performed at our ward Christmas party. I sang a song with one of my young women & it was the first time I've performed in over 5 years!
Karli & Devanee came to watch me (thanks you guys, it meant a lot!) They took a video so that Tyler could see it since he wasn't able to make it.
Tyler stopped by for a minute but had to leave before it started :(
Me with one of my beehives, Leticia

Here is the video, you may need to turn your volume up! Also, I am the one singing the first verse, the 2nd verse is Jessica (one of the young women).


December 12th - We had our first annual Christmas scavenger hunt planned by Tim & Megan. It was held at the gateway & Tyler couldn't make it so Micah & I were a team. The other teams were Devanee & her friend Colton, Karli & her boyfriend Chase, and Aaron & Meghann. I'm proud to say that Micah and I were the winners! It was a lot of fun!
December 21st- The whole Gelter fam went to the Christmas Sing-a-long at the Energy Solutions Arena. I stole these two pictures off Megan & Tim's blog (thanks!).
Me, Mom & Devanee freezing our butts off outside while we were waiting to be let inside!
Tyler and I singing.. you can't really see Tyler but thats his arm I promise! :)
I actually remembered to have a picture of us taken with my camera YAY ME! :) The sing a long was a lot of fun, Jon Schmidt performed a little bit & his 8 year old daughter sang "Where are you Christmas" and "Reindeer Boogie" in front of the entire arena! (it was completely packed). She melted my heart, it was adorable!
Our favorite part of the holidays is spending time with family. We love playing games & just hanging out with the ones we love! Here's a picture of Toby trying to get in on the action! ;)
This is the only picture I took at Christmas, I am horrible I know! I just had to document the fact that we are SPOILED! This is only some of the gifts we received this Christmas. Before we opened gifts we read in the bible the story of Jesus' birth. It is always so great to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas, and helps bring the spirit into it.
December 27 & 28th- We got to take a quick trip down to St.George to see my Gramma & Grampa Harris. It was amazing that we actually got the whole Gelter clan down there! We enjoyed spending more time together & time with our grandparents. We played the card game 'Scum', ate at in & out, played a little tennis, and relaxed in a hot tub! It was great!
New Years Eve I spent the majority of the day baking goodies for my family! Devanee helped out & we made Pumpkin Choc chip cookies with cream cheese icing, Oreo cookie truffles, lemon bars, a cheese ball, and a sparkling white punch! It was so much fun! And everyone seemed to love all of it! I even got a huge hug from my father in law when he saw that I brought him a plate of his favorite goodies!
We spent the majority of the night at my parents house with the family (minus Aaron, Megan & Porter-we missed you!) and Tyler & I went down to his grandparents house for a few hours to play games with his extended family. It was a lot of fun! My biggest goal of 2010 is to complete my marathon coming up in May. I am terrified yet SO excited! I will be making a post soon all about it soon. Thanks to those of you who have already helped me out!

On a side note....
Today is my niece Emerie's 1st birthday! I cannot believe she is already a year old. It seems like just yesterday I was meeting her for the first time in the hospital. This is a pic I took at her one year photo session a couple weeks ago. Love her expression! Love you Emerie you're such a big girl!

3 comments:

Megs said...

What a lovely post! It was so enjoyable to read, even though I've been there for all of it. :) It's always nice to recap good memories.

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...

You look BEAUTIFUL in all these pics, I MISS YOU!!! I want to take you to lunch and catch up.. Your hair is so long and pretty. I cannot believe you areon a diet...SO yes Rach you are crazy.. Love you

Devanee said...

Cute!! Good memories! :)
...I don't like that picture of me. The one where I have my hood up.. Just saying! :)

Authors