Friday, January 29, 2010

Home is where the HEART is

So the other day I realized that we were coming up on the 2 year mark of when we bought our first home. (Yes, the one we are currently living in.) And I also realized that in all this time, I have never put up pictures of it! So TODAY is finally the day! I have decided to take YOU on a tour of our humble abode. LUCKY YOU! :)

Welcome to our home! It's not a mansion that's for sure, and it may be a lot smaller than some of you could ever picture yourselves in.. BUT it fits our little family perfectly!
When you walk in our front door, you will see one of my favorite sayings... It gets me through dark days & keeps me chuggin' along :)
Once you step inside, you'll quickly see our family room. I love the huge window and all the light it brings into our house. Before Tyler and I moved in, I rag rolled the walls in here, it was lots of fun!
Here is another favorite saying that sits on our fireplace
A wide view of our family room
Fireplace
Tyler's pride and joy, his 52" TV he won through his work this past Christmas. Anything bigger would have been TOO big for this room!
Our doggies' favorite hang out spot downstairs, THE COUCH
As you walk around the corner you'll see our Dining area which has a large glass door leading out to our backyard.
Our small & simple kitchen


Keep walking and you'll see our Laundry room & half bath


Let's head upstairs, Toby is waiting for us :)
View from the top of the first set of stairs
View of the second set of stairs from the top, I love my light fixtures!
The view from the stairs down the hallway. That first door on the left that you hardly see is 1 of 3 bedrooms, right now I am using it as my photography studio where I do a lot of babies. The next door is the full bathroom, the very end of the hall is bedroom #2 which is my photography office, and bedroom #3 is the master bedroom (our sleeping quarters) it's on the right.
Bedroom #2 Photography Office. I spend countless hours in here editing my life away & it's where I am RIGHT NOW! :)
Before I forget, check out my super awesome desk chair. My loving hubby got it for me for Christmas cuz my old one was horribly uncomfortable!
The view of my messy desk and huge big screen that I use to proof with my clients. Someday soon those cords will be neatly tucked out of site.. but for now they are just hanging there driving me NUTS!
Our quite girly bathroom, SORRY TYLER, I think it's super cute but have been contemplating going a bit more masculine for the sanity of my husband.
A few little detail shots of our bedroom. Under the window we have a plethora of framed pictures of us from our engagements, bridals, etc.
The most important saying in our house & it's in our bedroom to be a constant reminder.
"Always Kiss Me Goodnight"
Sorry but this is the only view of our bedroom you get! I am currently in the process of finding a new comforter for our bed. So if any of you have good ideas of where I could find one LET ME KNOW!
Well this concludes our tour, thanks for stopping by! I hope that each of you will get the opportunity to visit in REAL life soon! (if you haven't already that is..)
We love our little home!

13 comments:

Brittney said...

Your house is SO cute! I love it! I'm very jealous. :)

Megs said...

It's the perfect size & all you need right now! And I already told you how I want to take some decorations off your hands. :)

Ashley said...

Your house is so beautiful! You are so talented and crafty.

Jared Sorensen said...

Cute house!I want to see your studio. I am so jealous you have a studio.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I'm totally moving in.. thanks:)

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...

Oh, I LOVE you HOUSE!! I Miss it, and you forgot to add it always smells GREAT!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane and Kenzie said...

How I miss coming to visit you Rach! Your house is always clean and comfortable, and those cute puppies do love the couches... :)
I love to buy my comforters, duvet covers and sheets from TJMAXX, they have screaming deals on name brands.
I absolutely love the studio, you have a great designer eye!
Miss you

Laura said...

I love your house rach and tyler! You have made a few little changes in decor since my last visit, but as always it looks like it is very calming to live in! Miss you two! I agree with megs I want some of your decorations.. too cute!

Meghann said...

I love your house! It's so well put together and comfortable. I love your studio, the accent wall is a favorite. I've never seen your bedroom and you've done a great job in there. You've got great style!

HIL and ERIK said...

Cute cute cute home Rach! You're amazing at photography and amazing at decorating/design!!! I especially love the colors in your photography room. You need to come by to decorate my place!

Anonymous said...

I love the color you painted your dining room area and kitchen what color is that That is so what I'm looking for doing in mine

Anonymous said...

I just saw this! I can't believe you posted it clear back in jan and i just now noticed! Your place is the cutest town home i have ever seen! You have decorated so cute! I remember Eric and i thought it was so nice when we went there to look at our pictures! You need to help me decorate for a baby room and my guest room. Super cute! Oh and i love your pj's when you where taking pictures of the freaking cute bathroom :) haha i love the colors!!!

Authors