Friday, September 24, 2010

Beehive Camp...July 2010

I have the privilege of being the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's organization in my ward. With this calling I get to spend a lot of time with the Beehive class. This year was the Stake Pioneer Trek for those 14 & older, so we got to have a short Beehive camp for those girls who weren't old enough to go on Trek. It was only a one night-er but we packed in a lot of fun activities!

We roughed it out in a brand new spec home in Kaysville complete with running water, toilets, a stove, air conditioning, and nice comfy carpet to sleep on.

Our first activity was going to the This is the Place park in Salt Lake City. We definitely enjoyed ourselves here & loved learning about the heritage of some of the pioneers.
{ice cream stop}
{Linda getting checked out by the pioneer dentist}
{Walking into the school house}
{the girls learning how to write their names in the deseret alphabet}

That evening we made Hobo dinners over a fire, roasted marshmallows and had smores, did skits, and played games.
{video of the girls "Ammon" skit}

{playing Apples to Apples}

The next morning we went on a nature walk over at Jensen Nature Park and afterwards we took some random pictures of the girls having fun.

{Pioneer children sang as the walked and walked...}





These girls are just the cutest - I loved spending time with them getting to know them even better. I am so blessed to have such a fun and rewarding calling. These girls teach me more than they will ever realize & I love them to pieces!

4 comments:

Megs said...

You are so lucky! I've always wanted to be in the young women's...but alas, I'm afraid I'm stuck in primary & relief society forever ;)

karlianne said...

haha. i remember that night.. tyler had to leave our house to go build a fire in the house. lol.
roughing it... ;)

Laura said...

Haha I miss my beehives I had in arizona! What a cute skit that is my favorite scripture story! :)

Meghann said...

Such cute girls! They're lucky to have you too!

Authors