Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I must be a grown up....

.....because I was beyond excited for our new kitchen appliances to arrive!!

I had to wait a whole WEEKEND in anticipation, it was awful.

Tyler's dad gave up pretty much an entire day to help us (who's joking I can't take credit for any of it) But we definitely couldn't have done it ourselves - so thanks again Jeff!

We made sure to measure the fridge to insure it would fit before we bought it - it was going to be a close call so we were a little nervous when they delivered it. Turns out that it wouldn't fit but we weren't about to give in & go with a smaller fridge. We had to actually grind down some of the tile countertop next to the fridge! It made the BIGGEST mess & there was dust everywhere for DAYS. But in the end - with the help of Jeff yet again - we were able to make it fit!

I am in love with stainless steal - and to make it look even better - I am antique glazing all of the cabinets so stay tuned for that post ;)

Here is a pic of our old appliances to compare.

7 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

They look so good! I'm excited for you guys. I can't wait to see the finished product of the cabinets.

Megan said...

They really look great & I can totally relate to the "grown-up" excitements. We just got a new vacuum & Tim and I threw a party. Literally. I can't wait to see the new cabinets! You'll have to have a "house grand re-opening party" at your house ;)

alesha said...

Oooh it's so pretty! Your house is darling!

Laura said...

I am in love also! :D We can't wait to complete our stainless, it looks great rach, I am so excited to see your cabinets done-then your kitchen will be completed :)

Swensons said...

Tons better! I love house stuff now too! LOL we are getting old.... :0)

Tate and Brindie Bennett said...

It looks fabulous!!! Yes it is so sad to know what excites "old people" LOL I am one who always tells a story about her kids, I swore i'd never be that Mom. I can't wait to see the finished product! Oh and how lucky are you to have amazing in-laws.. XOXO

Shanna said...

GORGEOUS!!! great taste you guys.

i feel the same way rach. i got pots and pans for my birthday and i couldn't have been happier!!!

Authors