Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ogden Marathon 2011

Last saturday was the Ogden Marathon & we were able to head up to the course to support my oldest brother Aaron as he ran his first full marathon! Meghann (& Priya), Karli, Tyler & I made it to the halfway point on the course to cheer Aaron on.
{Waiting impatiently to see him!}

{Halfway done & such a huge smile on his face!}

We then headed down to the finish line!

I must admit that being there at the race & seeing all the runners - it made me reminisce about my experience running this same marathon last year. It made me wish I was running it with him. Maybe next year? ;)

{Aaron looking like he's ready to be finished :)}

{Crossing the finish line! Official time was 3 hrs 58 min & he was 36th place out of 466 in his division}

{Aaron exhausted & not feeling too well afterward}

{good thing his daddy was there to take care of him ;)}

{proud wifey}

{proud Porter - so excited to see his Daddy}


Aaron's goal was to finish in 4 hours & I am so proud of him for working & training so hard to not only accomplish his goal but BEAT it. It takes so much dedication to prepare & run a marathon & I am so amazed at how his dedication never waivered. Not only did he train & run 26.2 miles - he did it by himself - something I look up to him for. It is hard to keep motivated when there isn't someone there to encourage you, run with you, know the pains you go through during the whole process. I am so grateful that I was able to be apart of this amazing day for Aaron & he constantly reminds me that I am the reason he was inspired to do it in the first place & that makes me feel amazing :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Aaron did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Good post Rach !! Thanks for the great pictures. I will always be so proud of you for running your marathon. I am so happy that you were able to inspire Aaron to do the same.

DAD

Shanna said...

marathons are a HUGE accomplishment. i've watched my sister train and run many times and its so inspiring to go and watch them race and see them finish. it makes me cry almost everytime. thats so neat you got to go support him.

Aaron Gelter said...

Yes, you were my inspiration, Rach! Thanks for running last year and giving me something to work towards on my way to getting in shape and healthy again! Now that I've run a marathon with strep throat I'm curious to see how I would do if I was healthy! :)

Authors