Friday, May 4, 2012

Tyler's Graduation!

Two weeks ago Tyler graduated with honors from Weber State University! He graduated with his Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing. It seems like I have been waiting for this day for such a long time, I cannot even imagine how amazing it must have felt for him to be finally finished! Although he is contemplating going on to get his Masters degree, at least we have made it to this milestone!






I am so incredibly proud of him, he is such a dedicated hard-working man. I am so lucky that he chose me for his wife. He started out his college career at UVU before we met, took a year off when we were dating/getting engaged/getting married, then started back up at Weber State FULL time every Spring & Fall semester until he finished! All the while he has been working 40+ hours a week for AT&T and the last year & currently Managing his own store for Verizon. He even managed to get AWESOME grades & graduate with HONORS. I think that this definitely deserves some bragging rights. What an incredible man! And I am grateful every second of everyday for him - & I know our baby girl will be too.

Two special graduation gifts for Tyler this year -

First, I surprised him with plane tickets to HAWAII! We both have never been & it was somewhere we both want to go. It was always so hard to commit to spending so much on plane tickets to get there, so each time we looked into it we always changed our minds to other vacations {caribbean cruise, mexico, etc.}. I found an amazing deal on plane tickets this time around & I just couldn't pass it up! So we will be packing our bags & going to paradise for a week & a half this November!

Secondly, and most important, our baby girl will be born next month! {NEXT MONTH?! Wow, I can officially say that!} We hadn't planned it this way, in fact, we had been trying to get pregnant for over 3 years. But of course, Heavenly Father knew what was best for us. As much as we longed for a baby, looking back we know things would have been much more stressful for Tyler to be doing full time school, full time work & parenting. Isn't it amazing how oblivious you can be with out even realizing it? We trusted in Heavenly Father's plan for us & had faith that when the time was right, we would be blessed with a child. That was definitely not an easy task, especially for me. But I strived to have faith continually & I am now so anxious to finally meet my little girl!

Thank you to my parents, & Tyler's parents & Grandparents for coming to his graduation and supporting him! It meant so much to have you all there to celebrate.

4 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

WAHOO! Congrats Tyler!

karlianne said...

Congrats to Tyler! That's so amazing. I can't wait to meet baby gap!

Meghann said...

So if this is a double comment, please ignore. I tried to post from my phone the other day and I think it didn't work.

Congratulations you guys! Such a great achievement! Tyler, nice job!

I agree, that Lord is good with Timing... us not so much :)

Ninjas said...

Yay! Congrats. I am pretty jealous! :)

Authors