Wednesday, May 23, 2012

35 weeks or most likely 36

We had an appointment this morning which was oh so fun! I got an ultrasound done like usual, but I also had the privilege of getting the Strep B test done plus he checked my cervix for the first time! He made me think it was going to hurt incredibly bad, but I'd like to think I was tough & I survived it! :) He said I was dilated to about a 1 so I guess that's better than nothin..
Well during the ultrasound, Doc told us our baby was growing nicely & he measured a bunch of different parts of her body & according to those measurements she is already 6lbs 4oz! Which would put her a week ahead of our original schedule & mean that I am actually 36 weeks along today! I'd like to think this will change my due date up a week - to June 20th. So everybody cross your fingers for us because we are SO anxious to meet our beautiful little girl!

{this pic is from last week so I may be slightly bigger?}

On Saturday night, after I got home from the baby shower my amazing friends Jacque & Kiera threw for me, Tyler & I went to Babies R Us to get some of the things that we still needed. We had gotten a duplicate item so we returned that for store credit, we had some cash from our family shower & a gift card from my brother's family - so we used it all up & not a penny more on some essential items we needed before Baby Gap makes her grand entrance.
We bought a pack n play that we plan to have in our room for the first while until we feel she is old enough to sleep in her crib, we also got the carseat headrest inserts, some more hangers (because we were overly blessed with clothes as gifts!), and a much needed Boppy pillow.

We feel so blessed by all the gifts we have received that have helped us so much. All the little expenses add up when having a baby, & it can be a stressful thing. So we are so grateful that we have such amazing family & friends who have made this journey so far an easy one.

2 comments:

Randy Gelter said...

She'll be here before you know it !!

karlianne said...

I'm so excited! I've already told work that I will be on baby watch for you the last couple weeks of June. :)

Authors