Saturday, August 4, 2012

Independence Day

Whitley was born just in time for Independence Day. She was 6 days old & had only been home for 4 days. We didn't plan to do a whole lot since I was still on the mend & standing in the hot sun at a parade wasn't on my list of good ideas.
My Grandpa (whom I hadn't seen in about 10 years) was visiting from Ohio, as well as my Aunt Uncle & cousin from Tennessee. Since they were here, they planned a family reunion BBQ in Provo. They first went to visit the gravesite of my Great Grandparents, Sam & Hazel Doty because July 4th was Sam's birthday. Then they went to a park for the BBQ. We decided we would just come for the BBQ to see everyone.

Here is tiny Whitley on her first 4th of July!


{Porter & Meghann}

{Devanee & Priya}

{Karli & Chase}

{Grandpa & Whitley}

We had fun visiting with everyone! We didn't go to any fireworks because we didn't know how Whitley would handle them & we really didn't want to be in any crowded places just yet.

Before my Grandpa left to go home, we were able to get together and take some pictures with everyone. I am happy we took these since we really don't know when we will see him again. I am so glad that he was able to meet Whitley though!

{A bunch of the extended Gelter family}

{My immediate family with Grandpa - minus Tim & his family whom had just moved to San Francisco - we miss them!}

I am sure next year's Independence Day will be a lot more eventful & exciting. We didn't mind sacrificing a bit though because we were ecstatic to have just became parents! The best part of every holiday is spending it with the ones you love anyway :)

2 comments:

Meghann said...

I enjoyed the recap. Whitter is so cute in that outfit! Can I get a copy of the two pictures with my kids? The one of Priya just reminds me of the choclate milk mess all over my car and her cute outfit, blah! She is messy but cute.

Shane and Kenzie said...

Oh my gosh. That little Whitley is so beautiful! It makes sense though...her mama is beautiful too!

Authors