Sunday, December 28, 2008

...Christmas 2008...

So, we had to make a post about our Christmas, that's a given. First off, Tyler and I are slackers so we didn't take our own pictures (surprising coming from a photographer huh?!) So we stole a few from Megan & Tim's blog.. thanks guys! :]

I just wanna warn you that this post is long! It's more to document rather than entertain I guess.. so I won't be too offended if you don't read it :]

Our Christmas celebration started on Christmas Eve when we dressed up in our cute PJ's and went to Grandma & Grandpa Roberts for the tradition Aebleskivers for dinner. It was delicious & Grandpa Bruce put us right to work training us on how to make them! The main reason for this was because we had volunteered to make them for my family for Christmas brunch! (And we had never made them! ha ha) In less than no time, Tyler had it down like a pro.
We opened gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Roberts, which was fabulous because it was just what we needed. Food storage stuff & toilet in case there is no running water, etc.

Tyler and I decided to do our Christmas that night before bed because we knew we wouldn't have time on Christmas with having to go to his family's & to mine. Tyler was WAY to good to me this year, getting me lots of cute clothes, a way nice reflector for my photography, enchanted and twilight soundtracks, breaking dawn, and the pearl earrings I've been wanting!! (just to name a few). Tyler got lots of cute clothes, Nike Shox, and a new wallet. I'm so lame but he's hard to shop for because he never tells you what he wants! :]

We went to sleep & were awoken at 6am sharp by Carson (Tyler's littlest brother) telling us we needed to come over! To be honest, we weren't surprised but we seriously weren't ready to get out of bed! We headed over & checked out what Santa had brought them & then we gave them our gifts which the boys were so excited to get Rockband & we got his parents new cell phones & his dad an Ipod.. We then at breakfast there. Jeff (Tyler's dad) made this new recipe he found that was an egg, rice, bean, cheese casserole dish that was way yummy!We then headed over to my families' house to start cooking aebleskivers... we decided we wanted to make brown sugar bacon in the oven & sausage on the skillet as well. We were cooking away & then the fire alarm went off! Well needless to say, we burnt the bacon to a complete black crisp! Which was a total bummer because brown sugar bacon is delish! I managed to cook a few pieces on the skillet but there wasn't enough for everyone.. The brunch turned out better than I've made you imagine though!

We began seperating all the gifts, which is a total chore because there is always SO many! IT IS OFFICIAL... WE ARE SPOILED ROTTEN!
We love everything we got, our DVD collection outgrew our cabinet, we can't decide on where to hang our beautiful Simon Dewey painting, we are the talk of the town in our stylish new wardrobe (wink*) and Tyler is so excited about all his new tools!
Here is Tyler and I in our sweet UofU hoodies we got for Christmas from each other! Tyler got tickets to the UofU vs. BYU basketball game from Tim&Megan for Christmas which he is totally stoked about!

We were especially excited for our parents to open their gifts from us. We all pitched in and got my dad a giftcard for $200 to Lowe's to go towards his dream 60 gal compressor he's been wanting, and we put together 36 black and white photos to make my Mom a "picture wall" she's been wanting. It was so much fun doing this because 3 of the 6 siblings I got to take out on photo shoots, & we finally got some up to date pictures of Micah, he has grown up so much this year! (Check his shoot out on my photography blog)

We love going to Grandma and Grandpa Gapinski's for Christmas dinner & they are so good to us. We are so greatful for this holiday season we had, and we were made so fully aware of how blessed we are. We have such amazing family and friends, that we don't know where we'd be without. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! We hope everyone had a very merry christmas as well!

4 comments:

Shmacque said...

Oh my gosh, our family also Loves Aebelskivers!! We make them hollow, that way you can put stuff inside. The best is with Cream Cheese. I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Also thanks for the lovely gift.

Meghann said...

I loved reading this! I'm so glad we're family, you just make me smile! Love ya!

Megs said...

Fun post! I didn't find it boring! We had fun spending time with everyone on Christmas, too. We are all spoiled! :) Love you guys...

Shanna said...

your photography is so good rach! i just checked out your photo blog. i'm very impressed.

Authors