Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boise & some family fun

We took a quick 24 hour trip up to Boise a couple weeks ago. It was a lot of driving for one day but we pretty much had no choice in the matter. I was shooting a wedding up there & Tyler came along to help me & to keep me company.
It wasn't all work though, we planned to go to a couple places featured on the Food Network & drive by the Boise Temple.
We ate at Big Juds for lunch which was featured on Man vs Food & is famous for their out of this world huge burgers {see clip below}
We didn't end up getting one of these burgers we shared a regular sized one so that we would have room for dinner later that night. It was pretty tasty but I can think of a lot of other burger places I would put above this one.




After the wedding was over, we went to dinner at Donnie Mac's Trailer Park Cuisine which was featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. {See clip below}


It was definitely our favorite out of the two we visited.
Tyler got the mac n cheese with hot dogs & I got the chicken fried steak sandwich. The mac n cheese wasn't very good but the sandwich - AMAZING! Good thing I'm a nice wifey, and was willing to share ;)


{notice the police officer in the background? When we were walking up to the restaurant we heard the sounds of a terrible car accident probably only 500 feet from where we stood!}



The next day was our newest niece, Priya's, baby blessing. My brother did an amazing job & it is one of the few blessings I have ever cried during.
Afterward, we all went to the park for her big brother, Porter's, 2nd birthday party!
I can't believe he is already 2 - he is growing up too fast!


{my dad proving he is a weirdo}

{Tyler spending some quality time with our niece Avalynn}

Next post is all about my 2nd time this year visiting San Antonio!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

Now I am starving but I don't want to eat my mediocre food. Thanks for supporting our kids earlier this month they're so lucky to have you guys!

Megan said...

that trailer park place looks awesome!

Authors