Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our Special Day!




July 25, 2008


We never thought the day would get here, but Tyler and I were finally married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple.

It was an incredibly beautiful day with tons of sunshine. Not to mention the hottest day so far this year!

We were so thankful that we were blessed to have so many of our family members and friends in the temple for our sealing. It was a very touching ceremony, and I am glad we could share it with so many that we love.

When we finally were ready to come out the temple doors to the awaiting crowd, they had to wait another 5 minutes while Morgan, my Mom, & Laura searched frantically for a couple bobby pins to get my flower in my hair to stay! ha. When we stepped out the doors it was a wonderful feeling! It was bittersweet with everyone cheering for us & our perfect decision to be married in the temple. We were so glad our day had come.

Taking pictures was so hot, we felt like we were melting! Not to mention my hot pink high heels are not the most comfortable shoe to be standing in the hot sun for hours. By the end of our shoot at the temple, I had blisters already! ...So I decided to switch shoes for the reception...

We had hardly any time to spare between the temple and the reception. We arrived at the Victorian just in time to get re-dressed & back outside for more pictures and before we were even done shooting, guests started to arrive! So we were summoned to the courtyard to see all of our guests. Time FLEW by! And before we knew it, we were being told it was time to cut the cake, which no sorry to disappoint those watching, we were told by the staff that we couldn't smash it in each other's faces.. Oh well... then it was time to throw my bouquet from the balcony. I couldn't believe Tyler's little brother Carson had managed to sneak his way over and caught it! So I insisted on throwing it again.. ha ha. This time it was a fight between my little sister Devanee & Tyler's Ex-GIRLFRIEND Elora. And I'm sure you guessed it... Elora got it. But not without getting a major grass stain on her white pants. Ha ha. I thought it was pretty funny actually! :)

We then realized that the garter was no where to be found! Someone had brought it but didn't know where it was put... we searched everywhere. Luckily the owner of the Victorian managed to find one laying around in the amour in the bride's room. We were so lucky!! And believe it or not Carson caught that too! What a punk.

The limo pulled up & it was time to exit... we were so sad to leave all of our family and friends behind, we were having such a great time! But we walked down the walkway while our friends and family let go of pink, lime, and brown balloons as we walked past them. It was so cute!

We didn't leave on our honeymoon right away, believe it or not we were starving when we got home so we ordered our favorite chinese food across the street, Little Orient. We sat on our bed while we ate Chinese food reminescing about how fast the day had come and gone.

We had such a fabulous day, it couldn't have been better! We were so happy & we owe it all to our parents, our family, and our friends! Thanks you guys for being there for us on such a special day in mine and Tyler's lives!

WE LOVE YOU!!

Believe it or not, I still had time to be my crazy silly self...

4 comments:

Meghann said...

YAY! For Your Happily Ever After and for your new Blog!

Aaron said...

Congratulations on your new blog! I'm so happy you guys finally tied the knot, I'm sure you're glad it's over. I can't wait to meet Toby (sp?)!

Tim said...

congrats guys!
you're a great match for each other and know you'll be quite blissfully happy.

Shmacque said...

I am SOOO Happy you have a BLOG!! YEAH!! So you should add my blog, it's not super exciting but what do you do. Your Wedding was so BEAUTIFUL!! I love you girly!!

Authors