Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What a horrible day!

Some of you may have heard, but I got in a car accident yesterday. Who knows if it was a blessing or a curse to have been driving the company vehicle, but here's the story.
I was coming back to Murray from Park City where I was picked up a set of plans. I was on I-80 W, where the construction starts so there was horrible traffic. It was stop and go for what seemed like forever.. anyway just as I started down the big hill by Parley's summit, traffic seemed to pick up a tiny bit to where we were going about 20 MPH... all the sudden the Lexus SUV in front of me slammed on their brakes to a complete stop & poor me tried so hard to avoid hitting them but ended up getting squished... :( The airbag went off and everything, & it wasn't a pleasant experience! It actually stunk really bad, & I felt like the car was gonna blow up any second... so I tried to get out but my door wouldn't open!! So I had to climb out the back.. luckily no one in the other car was hurt, and to tell the truth there was hardly any damage to the Lexus.. The car I was driving, a nissan versa, is really small and I think why my hood folded up was because of hitting a "bigger" car. So basically I just slid under them a bit! Anyways.. the crappiest part of it all was calling my Dad and telling him I'd just wrecked the company car... I hate disappointing people! So like I said this morning dad, I'm so sorry! As for me, don't worry I'll be fine... just a few minor bumps and bruises, and a little back ache to go with it.. nothing a little advil can't tackle.. :]

2 comments:

Meghann said...

Oh sweetheart! I'm so sorry! I must compliment you though on your extremely positive attitude about the whole thing! I'm so glad you're okay.

Shmacque said...

wow babe!! I am soo glad you are ok!! Hopefully you aren't sore too long and let me know if you need anything... FOR REAL!!

Authors