Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's a girl!



This past weekend was very busy! I hosted one of my best friends baby shower's at my house on Saturday & it was tons of fun! Although, I have to admit, very stressful! I had planned various games to play & yummy food to eat, and the morning of I realized that when Tyler had already left for work all of my papers I had printed off for the games were in his car! There wasn't enough time to drive down to his work (in Sugar House) so I started to panic. The thought kept crossing my mind 'I am going to ruin her shower! I am such a horrible friend!'

Luckily, I have a very smart husband & he can always find a solution to every problem. He scanned all of my papers and emailed it to me. Well only one problem with that... our printer wasn't installed onto our computer yet! So I had to put the file onto a zip drive & run over to my parent's house! Well.. I tried forever to print it but for some reason their printer was giving me lots of grief! (At this point I am really thinking I was set up to fail all along!)

Then I remember there is another printer on their downstairs computer! I start to print things off and then the paper kept getting jammed! 'Well what the heck!' So needless to say, I had to feed the papers in one by one until I had all 50 or so printed! By the time that was done, it was 11:00 AM exactly! Um.. the shower was supposed to start at 11:00 AM! So I'm rushing as fast as I possibly could to get back to my house, & while I was gone our friend Morgan dropped by & left Laura a present on my doorstep! Well when I get home, there is no present! So I'm thinking either Morgan was very confused at where I lived.. or one of the neighborhood kids stole it! (I'm betting on that one!) They are seriously the worst behaved kids you can find!! We have had several encounters with them walking on our cars, drawing on our garage, & our mailbox!

Well despite my nervous break down, the shower was a success & Laura got lots of cute things for her little girl Emma Rae. Here are some pictures from the eventful day!
Julie & Jenny Moore, we are so glad they could make it!Jacque & Devanee workin' hard on 'How well do you know the mommy-to-be'

Kiera got the 'poopy' diaper!All the yummy food! Thanks to my Mom for helping me out! We had chicken salad sandwiches, watermelon, cantaloupe, & pineapple. We also had lots of delicious cookies!

Congratulations Laura!! I can't wait to meet Emma!!

4 comments:

Morgs said...

Very cute pictures Rach!

Laura said...

Thanks babe! You did a way great job, my shower was awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing Brooklyn's shower so I'll have to get some shower ideas from you!

Jeff and Kiera said...

You did a great job. It was alot of fun. Even the poopy diaper wasn't to bad at least i got a treat out of it lol

Authors