Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day!

I honestly kinda forgot Memorial Day was coming up & I woke up Monday morning with the intent to go work out at the gym with Tyler like we do every Monday morning. But then I remembered how bad I had been craving a hike the day before but it was RAINY.. so we decided to hike up Adam's Canyon! I invited my siblings to come with Tyler and I but the only one who would was Micah! We were so glad he came along cuz it made it more fun that way. We invited Tyler's siblings as well but learned Braden was already up there with some friends. It had honestly been about 5 or 6 years since I had done this hike & it was when I was 80 pounds heavier in my teenage years with my friends (not a very fun experience for me) haha. So it was my goal to make it up the whole way without one single break. Well I must say it was a lot easier than I expected! And we even ran the whole way back down! We got our feet soaking wet crossing the water to see the waterfall & it was FREEZING! It was so much fun though, next time I'm going to take Roxi & see if she can make it, cuz I know she'd have so much fun!
We are planning another hike for this weekend up Waterfall Canyon in Ogden, which is an even bigger waterfall! I'm excited! Here is a picture of us at the top of the hike & I look like a complete idiot so don't judge me.. but Braden was taking the picture with Tyler's phone and he had no clue what he was doing so we were all wondering if he had taken it or what.. anyway we will post pictures from our next hike in about a week!After our hike, we had a picnic with my Dad, Devanee & cousin Jesse at Barnes Park.. even though we cheated and just picked up Subway it was still fun! Tyler had to go to work after so he didn't get to come along to see Confessions of a Shopoholic (pretty cute show). Then my older brothers and their wives came over for a BBQ, we had ribs & chicken, and homemade ice cream for dessert! They had to head home early cuz they are party poopers (jk you guys) so they didn't get to see an awesome movie, Taken!
It was a great day yesterday & I wish everyday could be that eventful!

4 comments:

Megs said...

I'll party pooper you... :)

How was the movie? We weren't sure if we wanted to see it or not, but if you tell us it's worth seeing, we totally will.

It was great to see you guys, as usual!

Meghann said...

Hey! My sleep is very important to me :( I would have loved to stay longer but Taken vs. my warm cuddly bed... bed wins babe! I'm excited to read about your next hike.

Laura said...

Aww sounds like you guys had a great memorial day! I haven't hiked up adams canyon in forever, that is one of my favorite hikes!

Morgs said...

Sounds like a fun Memorial Day. You should invite us hiking with you next time! I loved the movie Taken, did you like it?

Authors