Friday, December 31, 2010

...Christmas 2010

We had a great Christmas this year, jam packed with family, presents, food, & fun. I always love the Christmas season with the music, the decorations & the reason we celebrate it.
{our Christmas tree}
*it looks better all lit up but this was taken during the day

{We always put all the cards we get up on our back door windows so that we are constantly reminded of how lucky we are to know so many wonderful people}

We decided not to do a huge Christmas for each other this year so we got a few things.
I got Tyler the new book by Jay-Z called Decoded. He got me books as well, a new cookbook (yay!) & He Shall Fulfill All of His Promises by Lloyd D. Newell.
We also purchased this..
{Finally decided on a new comforter!}

On Christmas day, we are always awakened by Tyler's bro Carson telling us to get up & come over so that everyone can open gifts. So this year was the same & we were up at 7:30am.
{Tyler's family's humongous tree}
{We decided to get Tyler's family lots of gifts this year, this is the pile we gave them}


{I printed and framed a bunch of the family pictures we took back in October for Amy}
{We got Braden his dream gift, a Kevin Durant Jersey}
{Kalen was so excited to get the Curious George 2 movie}
{One of our gifts to Jeff was 6 months of Netflix}
{We got Carson the NERF gun he wanted, it's HUGE}
This is my favorite picture of the day, Tyler captured Amy opening the new computer monitor from us & as you can see she was shocked. She was in dyer need of a new one.. the one it replaced was ancient, huge & weighed about 80 lbs!
We got season tickets again to the Desert Star Theater from Amy & Jeff. I had told them it was all I wanted! I enjoyed going this past year with them & it's something we can all have fun together doing.
After we were finished opening gifts, we ate German pancakes for breakfast, yum! And then relaxed for a bit before it was time to head over to my parent's house to start making "brunch" which was the traditional Aeblskivers.
My Mom had to work a graveyard shift the night before so this was perfect timing for her waking up & having breakfast ready.

* I am super bummed because Tyler & I left our camera at home on accident in between his family & my family's get togethers..

After we ate we all exchanged secret santa gifts. Tyler had Aaron & he got him a water belt for running. I had Devanee who I made a big print of one of her senior portraits & had it framed. Megan had me & I got a UofU snuggie (yay!) & Tim had Tyler & got him a movie bundle from the Megaplex with vouchers for tickets, popcorn, drinks & lots of candy.
We then did stockings & then opened gifts from my parents. They always outdo themselves & we are always SO spoiled on Christmas. Tyler had to get used to this when he joined our family because his family is kind of the opposite!
We got spoiled with clothes, new tools, a new blender I had been wanting, gift certificates - I got a new purse & shoes & I can't even think of everything because there was too much!
We got my Dad a digital photo frame which he loved. And my Mom we had a print made of our family portrait taken in October & had it framed.

We then got to go to Tyler's grandparent's house for Christmas dinner. It was great to see lots of Tyler's Aunts, Uncles & cousins that we only see a few times a year.

Now that Christmas is over, we can reflect on the past year & make new goals that we want to accomplish in the new year. Tyler and I have made a couple & we are SO excited to accomplish them! Here's to 2011! Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

Getting so spoiled at Christmas is a Harris thing I had to get use to it too. Our tree was filled with presents just from Jared's mom.

Meghann said...

It made Aaron laugh that you got a Church book and Tyler got a book by Jay-Z. :) I got the same book as you, we'll have to read it together ;) Also love that Kalen got Curious George 2, Porter is super excited to see it!

Megs said...

I agree with Tyler - I'm still not used to getting so many gifts. Glad you liked the U of U snuggie.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!! Catching the shocking faces on camera are the best ones! Your tree is super cute!!! Do you guys still live by us or have you moved?

Brooke and Jonny said...

I love your tree! So pretty!

Authors