Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tyler's Birthday

First of all, I am going to have to apologize for the horrible pictures. They were taken with my iPhone so the quality is far from perfect. Tyler had more of a birthday week rather than just one day.

We started of the week on Sunday by having his favorite turkey enchiladas as his parent's house with the biggest chocolate mint cake my eyes have ever seen.

Monday we had the privilege of going to the executive suite for the Jazz game.
This would be what we ate while watching the Jazz dominate Memphis. Not to mention the amazing desserts at halftime. Thank you Tyler for winning a contest at work!

Tuesday was his actually birthday but it was a busy busy day for him. He had to work (BOO!) & then had to go to his night class (BOO, again). So by the time he was home to celebrate it was nearing 9pm. We had loaded nachos waiting for him to eat &....
A delicious carrot cake.
It may not be the best looking carrot cake, but for my first ever attempt, I will give it a thumbs up.
(Do you like the ghetto coca-cola plate it's on? Haha.. lets just say I didn't think about the fact that the cake was going to be stuck on this plate for good when I started icing it.)
Tyler got one HUGE present from everyone. Maybe huge is the wrong word?
It was quite expensive -
He got an electric keyless start installed in his car & he had no clue!
(He also got the awesome Ute shirt he is wearing from Tim & Megan & "the best socks ever" from me.)

Funny story about getting the electric start installed.

I had been worrying for almost the whole week prior to his birthday, how I was going to get him to take my car to work on his birthday. I knew he would be suspicious no matter what excuse I pulled & the best one I thought of (Hun, take my car to work since it's in the garage & not covered in ice) wasn't working out too well because it had been SO WARM the past several days.
SO.. on his birthday I woke up early to make him a nice breakfast in bed which included a cinnamon roll (he craves these from time to time yet never gets them because they aren't allowed in my house, haha). While I was downstairs cooking, I took his car keys and hid them in a VERY good hiding place. My hopes were that he would look for his keys, not be able to find them & then take my car to work.
Well the plan worked but not until I tried for 30 minutes to convince him to just TAKE MY CAR ALREADY!
He was looking everywhere imaginable & I swear if I would have let him look for 5 more minutes he would have found them.
After he finally left, I hurried & got ready so I could take his car in by 10am. While I was driving to the place, I get a call from Tyler hysterical. He had MISSED his marketing FINAL EXAM. What? How could this happen? Well, come to find out it was the teacher's fault he had missed it, he failed to tell Tyler the right dates when Tyler asked him. SO, luckily he was allowing him to take the test but by noon THAT day. (Great!)
No... not great.. Tyler was coming HOME! His car.. it's not AT home. He is going to wonder- what am I supposed to say? This is a disaster.
I don't know how, but somehow I convinced him to come to my parent's house to get his backpack & then he went & took his test & went back to work.
{Relief}
When Tyler got home that night & opened his present it all made sense to him why his keys were missing. It was quite funny to see the look on his face when the present he opened was just his car keys. But needless to say, he was very happy with his birthday gift & he is getting better at remembering to use it!

On Thursday, we went to Tucanos with Aaron, Meghann, Porter, Karli & Chase to celebrate yet again! We had to use his free meal coupon he got for his birthday :) Good excuse right?
Well it was yummy & I enjoyed getting plenty of cuddles from my nephew during dinner.

I can't speak for Tyler but I assume he had a fabulous birthday this year, minus the stress of finals week of course :)

4 comments:

Brooke and Jonny said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Randy Gelter said...

Hey..... I kind of LIKE the ghetto Coca-Cola plates!!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! Good job on the all the stuff for your hubby! Love his shirt btw!

Megs said...

Oh man...I guess my comment didn't post the other day. Whoops.

I'm glad Tyler's birthday was great and that he enjoyed his gifts. So sorry we couldn't participate in any of the festivities...once Ava is done with schedule/sleep training we'll be more available :) Love you guys.

Authors