Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Scavenger Hunt & Sugar Cookies!

Last year we started a tradition of having a scavenger hunt around Christmas time. The past two years it has been at the Gateway in SLC. Last year Tim & Megan organized it, this year it was Aaron & Meghann's turn. Of course, Tyler couldn't make it again this year so I was paired up with my lil bro, Micah. I was totally fine with this because he & I were team mates last year & we totally kicked butt & won 1st place!
We all get a list of things we have to find. Some are physical items we have to bring back & some are things we have to take pictures with. Micah is a trooper because I make him pose for every single picture. Here are just a couple from this year...
{Picture with a "build - a - bear"}
{Picture with a hat (most clever wins the extra credit point & I am happy to report that this beauty from Urban Outfitters won us that extra point!)}

We always have started & ended at Barnes & Noble. While we were meeting back there we just happened to run into Elder Holland who was shopping there. I saw him shopping around & had to look at him a few times before I really realized it was him.
Devanee & her bf Jake were outgoing enough to go up to him & say Hi, I guess I am a coward but I just tell myself that I was respecting his space :)
Anyway, they got this picture with him & it won them an extra credit point for "picture with a genius" on the scavenger hunt.
Well after all the scores were tallied, Tim & Megan came out on top & won 1st place. Micah & I were slackers this year coming in at 3rd. Oh well there is always next year...

On Christmas Eve, Tyler & I left his family party at his grandma's a little early so that we could decorate sugar cookies at my parent's house. It was lots of fun & they were yummy too. We decided to dye the frosting neon colors which made them look extra fabulous :)

I apologize yet again for the horrible quality of the pictures. My iPhone just isn't the same as my 5D..

{a few I decorated}

4 comments:

Meghann said...

Nice recap! I like Micah in the hat!

Kaley and Jeremy said...

I love decorating sugar cookies...although mine never turn out that nice. OK, mostly I like eating cookies others have decorated. :)

Megs said...

We're sorry we missed the sugar cookies...I'm sure Emerie is, too :) Glad you saved some for her :)

Love the owl hat and hugging the build-a-bear. Micah's a good sport!

Brooke and Jonny said...

That scavenger sounds like a lot of fun!

Authors