Monday, December 13, 2010

Halloween


Before I tell you all about our Halloween this year, I have to give a shout out that on October 17th we became an aunt & uncle yet again. My brother Tim & his wife Megan added a second daughter to their family, Avalynn. She's super tiny & super beautiful... see for yourself...
{I painted this owl for Avalynn's homecoming}

HALLOWEEN

Halloween this year was pretty much the same as usual. We didn't buy any candy because no one (& I mean NO ONE) comes to our townhome. So like every year, we go to my parent's house to hang out & help out. Every year my Dad grills hot dogs on the bbq & hands them out to the trick-or-treaters. We also make hot chocolate & for those who only want candy.. well we have that, too. :)
Tyler helped grill most the hot dogs this year & I think the grand total was around 100 hot dogs.

After the trick-or-treaters died down, Tyler & I went to our friends & watched The Fourth Kind. It was SUPER strange.

{Carson (Ty's little bro) always comes over for a hot dog- he also always dresses up as a football player}
{He always gets the chicks}
{Tyler grilling his heart out}
{A few of the pumpkins we carved}

{my pumpkin, Bob}
{We also made caramel apples this year & they were SO delicious}

4 comments:

Megs said...

I love Halloween with the Gelter's!!! It's one of my favorite traditions. I don't care to even stay at home to pass out candy because it's really not as fun!!!

It was nice to see you guys so often this October & I still really appreciate that you guys came when Ava was born. It means so much to both of us.

I LOVE the owl (as you know) and it's hanging proudly in her room as her only wall decor right now. Man, I gotta get it together!

Love that you're updating!

karlianne said...

halloween post in december? haha. that was a fun night though.. im always surprised how many hotdogs we go through..
ps. i agree. fourth kind was weird. i didnt like it. at all.

Kaley and Jeremy said...

Mmmm that caramel apple looks delicious!

Ninjas said...

Hi. It is like Christmas and you are just posting about Halloween? Are we a little behind or what? Jk. Fourth Kind was terrible--and I didn't even watch it. :)

Authors